Sunday, February 25, 2007

El Capitan



This is a photo of El Capitan that was captured by Ansel Adams in the National Park Sytem . This is a classical piece and a great example of Ansel's work. His works can typically be indentified by the black and white nature scenes. Ansel was born in 1902 and died in 1984. While all of his works are colorless the senses that come out of the pages when you are looking at them are quite colorful. I can hear the water crashing into the river below making a loud but peaceful sound. I can imagine the sky is blue and clear with barely any clouds in sight. Maybe a falcon or an eagle soaring peacefully in the sky and birds chirping while pearched in their tree top nests. The serenity and the marvel of the this photo makes me want to take a deep breath, hold it in, and slowly exhale while taking in all of the beauty that nature has to offer. If every day we could take a moment to enjoy our the luxuries that the outdoors have to offer the hustle and bustle wouldn't seem so bad.

2 comments:

Korin said...

I like this picture, but I don’t really know what to say about it. It’s very pretty, even though you can’t see the color in it, it’s still amazing. Seeing pictures like this makes me want to experience something like that myself, although it’s hard to find in suburbia, where I am. The information you provided was cool, it’s interesting to know things like that, because when an artist does things only in black and white, it’s usually because they prefer it. Not always though, because both things can be beautiful.

nancybui said...

I loved how you used the senses to describe this picture. I liked how you described hearing the waterfall crashing down to the river below. I think that it is a brilliant idea. This picture is so fascinating. It looks mysterious yet calm. Sort of like a secret hiding place where you can go and get away from everything. I like how the trees are really dark whereas the waterfall is lighter. It shows great contrast. My picture that I chose had a waterfall also. What a coincidence? El Capitan would be a fun and interesting place to go to. Have you been there?