Sunday, April 1, 2007

Kids These Days

Without reading the caption that went with the photo my description was pretty accurate. The children were attending a choir class and they happen to be in England.
I chose this particular photo because it reminded me a lot of my youger years. I have quite vivid recollections of my elementary music class. It was a time the children were permitted to make "noise". When I was little I had several toys that made noise but my parents were bothered by them and I was only allowed to play with these toys at certain times or outside. The second reason that I chose this photograph had to do with the little girl in the middle of the picture. She caught my attention because she reminded me of how we see most kids these days, trying to get attention by being obnoxious. Parents seem to be so busy these days that kids get away with almost anything. I know that when I was a child my parents spent the vast majority of their teaching time showing us that attention getting behaviors were not permitted and thay we must always mind our manners and be respectful. It seems that these values have gone by the way side and parents don't teach their children the same values that I was taught as a child. Finally, I chose this picture because it shows you the simple times and the innocence of your younger years. Sometimes I wish that life was as simple as sitting in music class with my undergarments exposed and not caring about a thing and just waiting for my day to end so that I could go home and have milk and cookies and play with my friends!

2 comments:

Jonathan Tran said...

Yeah kids these days. I have to disagree, I would let be kids who they are and if they want attention let them have attention. I think as long as you are supportive and a little pushy you're kid can go a long way, even if they are attention getters.

I miss being a kid so bad, it was the best time of my life. But it's the past now, and it's now to move forward.

Chelsea said...

I compleletly agree with you on the discussion of kids being so obnoxious anymore! It seems they do not care what others think and have no respect. When I was younger, I definatly did not act that way because I was always afraid of the reprecussions that my bad behavior brought on. Children these days are just given everything they want and are not taught to work for it. Your post was very well written and easy to ready, mostly because I, too, dislike children sometimes, LOL.